Thursday, July 1, 2010

Odds and Ends

It's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd write a little bit about a couple of the things that have been going on lately.

For Father's Day, Dan and I decided to barbecue some chicken on the little barbecue that Gina and Jon gave to Dan when they moved. We marinated the chicken in this garlic herb stuff and then we set up the barbecue...on our kitchen counter. We opened the window for ventilation, and then we start to light the grill...at least we attempted to light the grill. We couldn't seem to get it right. The lighter wouldn't light and then the matches weren't working. Dan turned off the gas and we looked at it again. I decided that I wanted to try again. I turned on the gas and threw a match in. As soon as the match went in, the flames shot up. I am happy to report that I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes. Despite the rough beginning, the food was actually really good. I would definitely make that chicken again....though without the foot high flames at the beginning.

Last night my little brother Enoch played in the championship game with his little league team. The tournament was double elimination and his team hadn't lost yet so the other team, the Twins, had to beat Enoch's team twice. The Twins won the first game by one run, forcing the second game. Enoch's team came out in the second game and took over. They ended up winning by 10 points in the 5th inning. In Little League, they have what is called a 10 run rule. Enoch hit a triple at the end of the 5th inning to score the 10th and final run. :) This is the second year in a row that Enoch's team has won the Championship Game. It's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment