Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

During Lisa's pregnancy she hasn't had too many wild and weird cravings. There is one thing though, that she has developed a certain affinity towards: ice. I've never seen anyone eat so much ice. And if she has her way, it's not just any ice, it's gotta be Sonic ice.

A few weeks ago, she was wanting to get her fix, so we stopped by a Sonic. She just wanted a large cup of ice. She felt a little weird just ordering ice, so she wanted me to order a large Sprite "with lots of ice." Well, I felt weird only ordering a large drink "with lots of ice." So being the self-conscious person that I am, I decided to go ahead and get a sandwich too. So Lisa then ordered some food too. We were normal people again. :)

Apparently Lisa's ice addiction cravings are well known. She had a baby shower with friends last weekend, and they brought a bag of Sonic ice. She sent me a text about it, and I could tell she was so happy and excited about it. She truly appreciated that very thoughtful gift from her friends.

This last Friday night, it was getting a bit late, when Lisa asked me with the most pleading eyes, "Can I ask a favor?" I always get a little nervous at that question (especially with those eyes), so I responded with a simple, "What...?" Keeping her same expression, she asked if we could go to Sonic. I smiled and began rolling my eyes, when she began repeating, "Please?! PLEASE?!" There was no way I could turn down my darling pregnant wife with all her beggings. So, off to Sonic we went. I got a small drink, she got her large drink "with lots of ice", and we bought a whole bag of ice while we were at it. So, now she doesn't even have to leave home in order to get her satisfy her dependence on the stuff. Well, that is of course, until all that ice gets eaten. But that shouldn't happen for at least another, you know.........

two days.

1 comment:

  1. This totally made me laugh because when I was pregnant with my first baby, I had that exact same craving. Gotta love the Sonic ice! :)

    ReplyDelete