Sunday, May 29, 2011

James' Jokes

I think that my son has his own games that he likes to play, or maybe pranks would be a better word. At his 2 month visit, his pediatrician told me that babies at that age are capable of holding their poop in so they may go 2 days without pooping. So, when James didn't poop at all on Friday or Saturday, I figured that must be what was going on. I was hoping that if he had a blowout, he would do so at home and not at church. Well, James had 2 blowouts this morning. First he pooped through his pajama's, and then he pooped through his onsie that I put on under his Sunday outfit. I was rather excited because he hadn't gotten any poop on his church clothes and I figured that meant he'd pooped out all that he'd held in the past 2 days.

During the sacrament portion of the meeting, James pooped again. Luckily he didn't get anything on his clothes. Again, I thought all was clear. Then...half an hour later Dan was holding him and he leaned over and said "I think he pooped again, can you smell it?" (At which time he stuck James' butt in my face.) Sure enough, he smelled poopy. I took him to the mother's room and laid him on my nursing cover to change him. I lifted up his butt to reposition him and I saw poop on my nursing cover. Yep, he'd done it again...this time he pooped through his church pants too. So he went through the remainder of the meeting wearing a bright yellow onsie with a scary looking green monkey on the front.

It is now just after 2:30 pm and the count is up to 4 blowouts and 3 just poopy diapers. James is on his 3rd outfit of the day, not counting his pajama's. We'll see how long this one lasts. :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to parenthood. I've been through more than one church meeting with a huge wet spot in my lap from cleaning up unfortunate blowouts.

    ReplyDelete