Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Turning the tables

James has had a crazy sleep schedule lately.  He hasn't been wanting to nap during the day.  Why nap when you can play?  Anyway, his napless days have led to late night naps that turn into a super late bed time for James.  For example, last night James fell asleep at about 6:30pm, woke up, and then would not go to bed until 11pm.

So today I thought I'd try taking James to his room to try and get him to sleep by rocking him in Dan's chair and reading stories.  At first it seemed to be working, but then James got curious and decided that it was time to explore.  He climbed off my lap and crawled behind the chair.  James started pushing the chair and ended up rocking ME to sleep!

Luckily I only dozed off for a couple minutes before I woke up with a start and realized that James was gone.  I jumped out of the chair and found him in the laundry room, about to pull the iron off the ironing board.  The next time I try to put James to sleep in the chair, I will shut his bedroom door.

1 comment: