Saturday, May 12, 2012

We have a Garden!!!

Our big project for the year was building grow boxes in our backyard and we finally finished! We have even finished planting. :)  My family helped out A LOT with building the grow boxes and setting up the drip system to water them.  My little brother, Daniel, helped out the most, and he finished off the drip system himself.  He's been my handyman since he's waiting around until he leaves on his mission in August.  Dan (my husband) filled them with dirt, almost all by himself...I helped fill about half of a small one. :)  Today, Dan and I finished them off by putting the rock between them....Dan did most of that too. :) Because we had extra dirt, we cleaned out a garden bed by the house and planted some strawberries there too....but apparently they need full sun and they are in the shade...so we'll see if they grow or not.






Also, my parents brought my brothers and sisters over to our house a couple weeks ago on a Monday night to weed our front garden for their FHE service project! :)  That was VERY kind of them, it looked like a field of grass before they weeded it, now we can actually see all the pretty flowers. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment