Friday, April 16, 2010

My official tour of Hemet

For those of you who don't know, Dan and I had our reception in Hemet last Saturday. While we were down there, Dan gave me the official tour of Hemet and the surrounding areas. Below are some pictures from the totally awesome tour.

First, we drove by the house that Dan grew up in, though from what I've been told, it doesn't look much like it did when Dan was little.

Next, we drove through the Orange Groves. The Orange Groves were my favorite part of Hemet. I couldn't smell the citrus in the air, but they were really pretty and I enjoyed seeing them. Below are a few of my favorite pictures:


This is an overview of the Orange Groves. I like them!

This is a single Orange tree. :)

Dan showed me the spot in the Orange Groves where he ran out of gas one day on the way back from school. Then we went to the high school and Dan showed me where the field used to be. I got to see the Jr High and the Elementary schools too.



Then we drove around and saw the Stake Center and we eventually ended up at this memorial park in San Jacinto called, San Jacinto Veterans Memorial at Druding Park. They had something for most of the major branches of the military. It was pretty cool. Check it out.

This was for the army.

Here is the display for the Airforce. This propeller was from a B-17 "Flying Fortress", a four engine bomber flown during WWII.


This was for the Navy. They had a lighthouse for the Coast Guard. On the plaque for the Coast Guard it said that their motto is Semper Paratus, meaning Always Ready. I thought that was pretty cool.

Well, that about covers the tour of Hemet! It was cool to get to see where Dan grew up and to hear all the stories about the different things that happened there.

No comments:

Post a Comment