Thursday, June 10, 2010

Random Tidbits

Ok, because it's been a while since Dan and I last posted, I figured I'd just post a little bit of everything that we've been up to lately.

Item number 1: Have any of ya'll ever heard of the Parade of Homes? I don't know if this is just a Utah thing or not but it's pretty cool. We've gone to 9 houses so far. Some are way too ornate, but a lot of them are really cool. There were a couple houses with theater rooms. They had surround sound and really comfortable chairs. Some of the master bedrooms were more like master suites. There was one walk in closet that was big enough to be a bedroom. One even had a little baby room in it. It was pretty cool. There was another house that had these two little kid rooms. One was a boys room and one was a girls room. Both rooms were huge and they had these lofts in them that the kids could climb up into. A lot of the houses had these little kids playhouses in the crawl spaces under the stairs. They had windows and doors...it was pretty cool.

Item number 2: SUMMERFEST!!! The Summerfest starts tomorrow!!! The Summerfest is a great way to start of the summer. It's one of the many city fairs that happen all over the county during the summer. There are carnival rides in the park, a boutique/craft fair, entertainment in the park, a parade, fireworks, and all sorts of other great activities. It's great fun. This year my nephew Kai is going to be in the baby contest. After he wins he'll get to ride on a parade in the float. :)

On Saturday, Dan and I are going to hike up to Timp Cave with his parents. I've never been there. I'm excited, it should be a lot of fun! I'll have to write more about that later...If I remember I'll actually take my camera and try to get some pictures.

Well...that's about all that I can think to write right now...right now it's time to go fold laundry!!! Oh the excitement of life. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hold on a second, I am stuck at the part that said you've never been to the cave. WHAT!?! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been meaning to go for a while, and now I've finally been. :) Weren't you a BAT one year? (One of the people that helped out with the tours?)

    ReplyDelete