Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Adventures

One of the great things about the jobs that Dan and I have is that we both get Memorial Day off so we have extra time to play. :) We started out by sleeping in and then having a late breakfast. I was so happy to sleep in...I had to be at work by 7am the Friday before, on Saturday we had to get up early to go to Logan, and on Sunday I had a presidency meeting at 7am. Sleeping in was glorious. :)

After breakfast, Dan and I went to go play tennis. Dan is very patient...I am not a good tennis player. I'm lucky if I can get the ball back over the net, though I seem to be able to get it over the fence without any problem. :) We played for about an hour, leaving sometime around 12:15pm. We got home, grabbed our bikes start out on our bike ride up to Vivian Park.

It's about a 7.5 mile bike ride that isn't too difficult at all, there are a couple steep hills but nothing too insane. So, Dan and I headed out on our adventure. It was Dan's first bike ride up that canyon and his second time riding his brand new bike that he got for his birthday. We made it up to Vivian Park without too many problems...I was super tired from attempting to play tennis so we rode up pretty slow...and I tried to shift gears too fast and too late on a hill and I knocked the chain off of the gears so I had to stop and fix that.

Anyway, we got up to Vivian and hung out there for a little bit and then headed back down the canyon. We hadn't even made it out of the marshes before I heard Dan yelling at me. I looked back and saw that he was a ways behind me and that he had stopped. I thought maybe he'd seen something cool that he wanted to show me so I headed back. There was something that he needed to show me alright, but it wasn't cool. His left pedal had fallen off of his bike. Keep in mind, we had just gotten this bike the Saturday before. We tried to screw it back in but to no avail. The threads inside were pretty stripped. Not cool.

So we started calling for help. Jesi came to our rescue and drove my Dad's big truck up the canyon and picked us up at Vivian Park. We were very grateful for the help. Now we have the oh so fun task of taking the bike back to the store and having them fix it.

The night did end well, we went to my parents house for a BBQ where we were entertained by Kai and by Sammy. Overall it was a good day.

1 comment: