Monday, July 9, 2012

I canned jam!!!

Last year I made peach raspberry freezer jam for the first time ever and it was fantastic!  This year I decided to try my hand at canning some apricot jam.  One of the sisters that I visit teach in the ward has 4 apricot trees that are very much laden down with apricots.  She invited us to pick some so we did. :)  I have never canned anything so I must admit, I was a little nervous, but 2 of my 3 batches worked out well. :)  The first batch gave me some learning experience and I'm sure we'll find a way to use the first batch....I can't quite call it jam....but at least the jars sealed properly.

Take a look, don't they look great? :)

This is the 3rd and final batch. :)

I can already hear the lids pop as they seal!

This is one of the jars from the ill-fated 1st batch....I'm thinking we'll either try putting it in the blender or using it in a pie or cobbler, or ... something ... :)

1 comment: