Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday - Time to Rest

As mentioned in our last post, this week as quite the busy week. Currently, Lisa is at a visiting teaching appointment, and after that she has some kind of meeting, but when she gets home from that, this wild week of craziness will be over! It'll be nice to relax for a bit for the rest of the day.

As you should know (because you read this blog so religiously :)), Lisa and I had the opportunity of speaking in church today. Our topic was basically 2 Nephi 25:26. So, yeah, that leaves things pretty broad. I always have a fear of under-preparing, and Lisa continually joked during the week about only taking 5 minutes, instead of the 15 she was supposed to. So, I had a bunch of stuff ready, just in case. Well, before we spoke, they had missionary moms talk about their sons on missions. We were both pleased they took up a good chunk of time. :) Then Lisa spoke and did a great job. As she spoke, I kept looking at the clock, and seeing how much less and less time I would have. So, thus began the task of figuring out the most important parts to speak about. There was a musical number after her, so when I got up to speak, I had about 5 minutes to speak. I didn't mind the short time, but it was difficult plucking pieces from what I had prepared. In the end, I think it worked out okay. We're both relieved to be past the stress of that, and, in theory, we shouldn't have to do that again for a while. :)

1 comment: