Sunday, March 21, 2010

And the champion is...

My aunt Kristen got Dan and I some pretty awesome games. One of the games that she got us is Battleship. Dan and I decided to play this game the other night. Dan was telling me all about how he had played that game with Tad on their Awesome Asia Adventure...on the airplane. He made a point of letting me know that he dominated that game...so I was pretty pleased with myself when I totally blew him out of the water. :) He made up some excuse for losing, however his excuse was simply invalid and in the end, I won. :)

We also played Connect 4. For those of you who haven't seen the new version of Connect 4, allow me to explain a bit about the new improvements to the game. They have 3 different ways to play...the Classic version, which is the version most of us grew up with, Pop out, and Pop 10. Dan and I haven't played Pop 10 yet...we'll try that another day. We did play the Classic version (which Dan has some funny stories to tell you about) and the Pop Out version. I will admit...Dan did beat me a couple times in the Classic version, but I dominated in the Pop Out version. We played the Pop Out version twice and I won both times....partly due to Dan's help. :) In the Pop Out version of Connect 4, you can pop out one of your own colors on the bottom row to shift the row down. Dan decided to Pop Out one of his pieces and he lined up 4 of my pieces on the bottom row in the process. The other time, I simply beat him without his assistance.

So, the win count is as follows: Battleship - Lisa 1 & Dan 0; Connect 4 - Lisa 2 (with a disputed 3rd) & Dan 2. For a grand total of Lisa 3 (or 4...pending the outcome of the disputed game) & Dan 2. Lisa wins!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lisa had a fun time watching my reactions as she wrote this. I could take the time to point out all the inaccuracies in this post, but I'll just say one thing:

    I'm Dan Christiansen, and I do NOT approve of this message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the game cheated, or some such nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE love love the countdown guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, I wish I could say it was the game that cheated, but this time it's Lisa that cheated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not cheat. I did not look at Dan's side of the board at all. All my pieces were properly placed on the board, according to the rules. I didn't move my pieces...in fact Dan is the one that tried to do that. I played by the rules. I did not cheat. :P

    ReplyDelete