Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shopping Cart Nazi

So, I'm actually supposed to be in bed right now. Shhhh.... Don't tell Lisa. But seeing how I'm having trouble falling asleep, I figured I would share a very short story from when we went grocery shopping at Macey's tonight.

We walk into the store and go over to get a shopping cart. As I'm pulling one out, we overhear this guy talking on his cell phone. He's bringing a cart over to the area where they all are and says in a very annoyed tone, "I'm on my 4th shopping cart...." I found it a little humorous that he was returning a shopping cart, and that somehow 3 others he had grabbed weren't good enough for him. Then as we're leaving that area, we hear him again in the same tone. "Make that 5 now!" After Lisa and I were a safe distance away, we had to laugh to each other about it. I mean, are there really that many shopping carts that are not suitable for you? Sure, I've had a cart here and there with a bad wheel or whatever, but seriously, aren't there more important things to get worked up over? I think you'll still be able to get your Wheaties and re-fried beans just fine in a less than perfect cart. Anyway, Lisa and I had a good laugh about it, and thanked each other for being laid back about those sort of things. It makes me wonder how long he was over there trying to find "the one" before he could actually get his shopping done.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't Tad nice for getting me a pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS shop around for a shopping cart that doesn't have the alignment off. When it's gets heavy it goes so crooked! I do feel stupid though getting more than 2 . . .

    Love Paige.

    ReplyDelete