Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hearing is Everything

Here is a quick funny story from last week. Lisa and I were running some errands, and I hadn't eaten any dinner yet. I was considering stopping by some fast food place or something since none of the food at home was sounding real good. We drove past a Panda Express, and I said, "We could stop by Panda Express." Lisa responded, "Panda Express is good about once a year. Like, right before a _______." Here, Lisa said one thing, and I heard another. She said "parade." I heard "period."


Yeah........ it took my brain a second to realize that wasn't a normal sentence coming from Lisa, and I responded with, "Before what?" She clarified and "parade" made so much more sense. I told her what I had heard, and we had a good laugh about it. Moral of the story? Mishearing things can be very humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment