Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Next step...

So, now that Dan and I are finished with the announcements (with the exception of a few that still need addresses...) we have shifted our focus to the the next task at hand...the wedding cake. The only thing that I ever knew that I wanted to have when I got married was a blown glass statue of the temple that I got married in to be on the top of my wedding cake. Unfortunately that is no longer an option because the wonderful lady who made those beautiful temples has retired.

So, I am now trying to figure out what to do....any suggestions? I've thought about doing a cake with square layers...but the traditional round layers might be the way to go. Let me know what you guys think...I am looking for opinions.

8 comments:

  1. I can only say this: Fondant looks pretty but tastes disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to help with the cake if you don't have someone doing it. Let me know.

    I think both round and square are great. If you have homemade fondant on it, there are some that actually don't taste too bad. Flowers on the cake is always pretty. There are lots of blogs/websites with cakes that you could look at and see what you like. Mine was simple... round with ribbon around each layer and flowers between the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of Dan's friends are going to be making our cake. I'm not sure if they are going to use fondant or not...

    I like the idea of using ribbon at the bottom of each layer, I think that would be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do square, round, square.

    The Sunday Sweets posts on this site (cakewrecks.blogspot.com) have some really nice ideas.

    But ONLY the Sunday Sweets posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that website. Should've known to go there sooner for inspiration. We could do something like this!

    http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/08/here-comes-briaaaauugghhh.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that website too...and I was thinking that we could do a cake similair to the one that Dan had a link for, but use the groom instead of the bride. But more like this cake.

    http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/05/when-brides-have-no-budget-or-taste.html

    Only it would be Dan in a suit and not me in a dress.

    ;)

    Honestly I think I just want a square cake that is stacked with each layer angled slightly. I found a picture that I really liked...the fondant part has me worried though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about a willow tree statue for the top? They are a little pricey, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are pretty, I really like the Willow Tree Statues.

    ReplyDelete