Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Proposal

For those of you who are interested, this is the proposal story. Dan doesn't want to post his version of the story, so you get the whole thing from my perspective. :)

Dan and I picked out the ring together, the night my little sister Jenny got married. We actually picked the ring out online. Dan had it shipped to the store so that he could pick it up there. I wasn't allowed to know when the ring was coming because Dan wanted to try and surprise me. For those of you who don't know me very well, let me just tell you that it is not very easy to surprise me. In an attempt to give him as much as an advantage as possible, I promised not to look at the website to see how long it would take the ring to arrive. I like to try and find ways to surprise Dan and to take him on Mystery Dates. I'll blindfold him and drive him around to get him lost. Dan told me that he wanted a turn to blindfold me. So, on Tuesday, November 24th, Dan took his chance to take me on a mystery date. I wondered if he was going to propose on this mystery date, but I wasn't sure so I played along. That day, his car started to have battery problems so he asked if he could drive my car on our date that night. He had me cover and close my eyes and he started driving around to try and get me lost. He succeeded for the most part. I was completely lost until he turned into Vivian Park. The Vivian Park turn off is the way to get to the road that leads up to the Meadow where we had our first date. I love that meadow and I have been on that road many times so I knew where we were headed and I was pretty sure I knew why. We got to the parking lot and then we walked up to the meadow. There was snow the entire way up the trail. I was blindfolded the whole time, but we made it up safely. It's about a 20 minute hike up to the meadow. After we had been hiking for a little bit, Dan said that he needed to take his coat off so he had me let go of his arm for a minute. He pulled out the ring and got down on one knee. Then he told me I could take my blindfold off. He asked, I said yes, and then I hugged him. :) Dan could not have picked a more perfect spot to propose. I love that meadow and I've often called it 'my meadow.' After Dan proposed, I told him that it could be his meadow now too. :)

4 comments:

  1. Y'know, Lisa, we could always hijack his side from Mobolus and post it here.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) This is true. Though after Dan read this, he said that it wasn't that he didn't want to post his side of the story, it was more that he didn't think he needed to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww.... such a good story! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete