Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dan's Wedding Dress

So, yesterday was my turn to shop for wedding dress. Yes, not A wedding dress, rather, my dress (i.e. attire) for the wedding. Ha ha.... yes, it's hilarious, I know. Anyway, we headed down to the mall to see if we could find me a suit for the wedding. Seeing how I enjoy going clothes shopping about as much as I do eating broccoli (which if you don't know, I find utterly repulsive to eat), I wasn't really looking forward to it. On the way down there, Lisa asked me which store I wanted to go to first, to which I just shrugged my shoulders muttering, "I dunno..... someplace I can just get it off the rack. I don't want to go someplace where they're going to have to measure me and all that..." I just wanted to get this thing over with as quickly as possible.

So, we end up in Macy's first and start looking at some suits. It was fun joking around about some suits on the clearance rack at first, but I had to start actually looking at some real potential suits. Not surprisingly, a sales clerk soon came over to help us. I'm always a little wary of that, because most the time, I have no idea what they're talking about or what I want. Usually I like to buy stuff on my own without being bothered at all. But he was nice, and actually helped us figure out what size I was and pointed us in the right direction of what to look at. I spotted a nice black suit, and went to go try it on. I put on the pants, and they fit pretty good around the waste, but I looked at my feet and thought, "Man, these are WAY too long." I was a little disappointed, because everything else fit pretty well, and I didn't want to have to try to find another suit and then try that on and all that. I just wanted to be done as soon as possible. Then I suddenly realized: "Oh! They're not even hemmed yet!" Seeing how everything else seemed good with the suit, I decided I would go ahead and buy it.

Of course, that wasn't the end of it yet. I then had to stand in front of the mirror and have the guy measure for alterations and all that. Apparently Lisa enjoyed watching me in the mirror. I think she was having more fun than me, which was to be expected considering my previously stated aversion to clothes shopping. Well, the guy is trying to make conversation while he's doing it all, and ends up talking a whole bunch. It was pretty funny. We were standing there talking with him (well, mainly he was talking) for a while after he was done measuring, and I had to find a good point in his talking to sneak back into the changing room. Lisa had fun (sarcasm) continuing the conversation while I changed. He was a real nice guy and everything, but it was funny having him talking and talking while both Lisa and I were ready to move on with our lives. So, he chatted some more while he rang up the suit, and we eventually made our way onto our next destination. So, it feels good to have my wedding dress taken care of now. I guess this is one of those sacrifices they talk about when you get married. :)

3 comments:

  1. This post is a little disturbing. You're actually buying a suit? Why don't you rent a tux?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because suits are more practical because they can be worn again. :)

    I told Dan that he could wear a tux if he wanted to, but that if he didn't have a preference, I would rather just have him wear a new suit. He was very kind and he obliged me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I rent a tux, I wear it once and never again. It's about time I got a new suit anyway. Might as well get a new one for the wedding, then I can wear it for hopefully many years to come.

    ReplyDelete