Monday, January 25, 2010

Turns out I'm a demanding and over-bearing fiance

Story time! So, once month Lisa likes to take ME on a date (She's a real sweetheart isn't she?). This month it was scheduled for this last Saturday, the 23rd. Well, the thing she planned on got postponed, so it ended up she just took me to dinner. She took me to Red Lobster which was very good. However, I'm pretty sure the lady that waited our table thinks I'm very demanding, over-bearing, and inconsiderate of my significant other. This is why.

We got there a little late in the night, and so we were both starving. We both figured out pretty quickly what we wanted to order. However, it took a while for our waitress to even come over for the first time. I commented to Lisa how we could probably just order when she got there. So, she finally came over, and asked us if she could get us started with some drinks. Seeing how both Lisa and I were wanting to eat as quickly as possible, I wanted to make sure we didn't miss our opportunity to order our meals. So, I quickly responded with, "Well, I think we're actually ready to order." Quickly after that, my brain told me that she had just asked for drinks, so right after that comment I immediately said, "I'll have water-" and then as I'm about to continue with my meal, she cuts me off, turns to Lisa and says, "What would you like?" So inconsiderate of me to not even let the lady order first. So, she gets Lisa's order, and then I'm able to finish my order.

Shortly thereafter, we're chatting and stuff, and we're thinking the big BYU-SDSU basketball game has started the 2nd half. We decide to have Lisa's brother send us text updates on my phone (Lisa forgot hers in the car). So, my phone was buzzing from time to time and I would pull it out and read it to Lisa. Well, it seemed like every time our waitress came over, I was pulling out my phone and checking the text. So, not only am I selfish by ordering first, I'm also very inconsiderate by texting while we're eating dinner together.

Then, when it comes time for her to bring the check, I tell Lisa jokingly, "Make sure you leave a big tip so she doesn't think I'm a complete jerk." Then I suddenly realize that the card has Lisa's name on it. So, now I'm not only rude throughout the whole meal, but I also make her pay for it! So, yes, I am a big demanding inconsiderate jerk. At Red Lobster anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Weren't you guys going to tell us new stuff...stuff we didn't know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the waitress was inconsiderate. Interrupting you and taking so long to get your order.

    ReplyDelete